April 14, 2010

A Little This & That...

© Todd Walker

Well, its Springtime. The weather is finally warming up, the trees are beginning to bud, and I've started mowing my yard. It's a welcomed change from the doldrums of winter. Along with the new season comes another welcomed change for a photographer: business begins to pick up again. And such is the case for me. This weekend I shot a prom and senior session, have a commercial shoot lined up for this week, a GOYA shoot of sorts set for Sunday afternoon, and a wedding in the works. I love being busy doing what I love. It makes me feel alive.

The reason I'm bringing all this up is I have a bit of a conundrum. With all that's been going on, my time is beginning to be eaten up. So, in an attempt to properly balance my business time with family time, Beginning next week, I will be changing my posting schedule. Instead of Mon-Wed-Fri, I'll be posting Image Critiques on Tuesdays, and combining technique with answering your questions on Thursdays. I'll still be posting my First Friday Photos the first Friday of every month. We'll see how things go. Of course, It'll be my prerogative to post more often whenever possible, which I hope will be more often than not. I've loved doing this blog, and judging by the feedback, many of you have enjoyed it as well.

Now, on to some other things. First of all, has everyone heard that the season finale' of the T.V. show "HOUSE" has been shot entirely with the Canon 5D Mrk II? You can read about it HERE. This is very intriguing to me, and I am going to do my best to watch it. Its amazing to me the advances in technologies in our craft. The ability to shoot HD video with a still-frame camera has changed, and continues to change our industry forever. It also speaks to the desire of people to be creative. Though I am to the core a creator of still images, I love that so many others have been given the opportunity to expand their creativity from stills to motion. One day, I'm sure I'll dabble in the art of video. But I don't see that happening in the near future. I'm having too much fun making photographs. Plus, I don't know how so many are finding the time to learn this new medium. I do well just to keep moving forward and improving my photoggin' skills. But to those who are making the jump, more power to you! Keep on creating! Anyway, "HOUSE" should prove to be a very interesting. I'll be tuning in for sure.

One last thing I want to mention. This coming Sunday at 4:00, me, Beki Tillotson, and several other local photographers will be meeting in downtown Tulsa for an informal "GOYA" shoot. If you live in the Tulsa area (or want to drive to the Tulsa area), and are free, come on down and join us! Its going to be a totally informal "lets-all-get-together-and-shoot" shoot. Also, bring someone with you who is willing to be a model. Its always better if there are plenty of models to go around. Oh, so what does "GOYA" mean? It stands for "Get Off Your Arse And" shoot. Sometimes we need a little kick in the backside to get us going. That's what a GOYA shoot is intended to do. So, this Sunday, 4:00pm, downtown Tulsa at 1209 S. Frankfort Suite 400 . See you there! And until then...

Go out and shoot something!

No comments:

Post a Comment